Loving Yourself Workbook
Discover these strategies to love yourself more every day!
Self-confidence fills your world with joys and abundance that you can’t get without it. However, it’s possible to step over the line where it benefits you and become too confident. Overconfidence can lead to dangerous situations. It can damage you, both personally and professionally, and the fallout from these disasters can hurt your family as well.
What are these dangers?
1. Taking too many risks. Are you taking unnecessary risks because you feel powerful and able to control them? These risks might be in your relationships, career, or physical, such as in extreme sports.
2. Inability to see mistakes. Mistakes can occur in every aspect of your life, but overconfidence can make you blind to them. If you believe you never make a mistake, then it’s time reevaluate your confidence levels.
3. Blaming others. Overconfidence can lead to blaming because you feel like anything that goes wrong can’t be your fault. It always has to be due to someone else’s shortcomings or behavior.
4. Refusal to learn. You may believe that you’re done learning and have nothing new to discover. Overconfidence in your abilities and knowledge may prevent you from learning the very ideas or skills that will bring you success.
5. Refusal to listen. Overconfidence may lead you to ignore the advice of others. You may also have difficulty listening to feedback or criticism.
6. Cutting it close. Overconfidence may make you cut things too close. You may arrive late to a job interview or miss a flight.
7. Predicting the future. Research has shown that overconfidence can lead to inaccurate predictions. For example, you may believe that a raise will be easy to get or your date will instantly fall in love with you.
It’s important to have confidence in your abilities and skills, but realistic expectations and ideas contribute to your wisdom and make life easier. Avoid letting overconfidence dim the bright future you can create with your unique talents.
Rick Lewis is a disabled Vet with over 20 years of experience as a Sales Trainer, Coach and Mentor. He uses his life experiences and gifts to help others achieve success and wellness in their lives. Life doesn't always turn out the way we envisioned it. Heartbreak, health crisis, family turmoil, and financial troubles occur, leaving its mark on all aspects of our life. Rick is here to help you out of your rut. He will work with you to gain clarity on what it is that you want most in life and make proactive decisions that will bring about the change you’ve been hoping for. His specialties are: Self Love, Inspiration, Motivation, Self Confidence, Grief, Relationships.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.