Loving Yourself Workbook
Discover these strategies to love yourself more every day!
A jam-packed existence is the result of living in the twenty-first century. You feel compelled to be as efficient as possible at work, home, and in your social life. Yet, these same endeavors can also wreak havoc on your emotions.
How can you take care of your mental state as you strive to live your best life?
1. Acknowledge your feelings each day. Something as simple as asking yourself, “How do I feel today” can go a long way toward emotional self-care.
2. Speak up for yourself when necessary. When you feel you’ve been wronged or misunderstood, simply state your feelings and what you’d like to see happen.
3. Stay tuned in to close relationships. One thing to avoid is having relationships filled with angst, disappointment, and anger. You can do this by staying in touch with your partner and others you have close relationships with.
4. Have some fun each day. When you smile and enjoy life, the benefits to your emotional life are great. Happiness and levity are good for the soul. Enjoy at least some fun each day.
5. Talk out loud about what troubles you. Whenever you have negative, nagging feelings, they can weigh you down emotionally. Try not to get to the point where you begin feeling consistently upset or acting out emotionally with others.
6. Ensure your work is as low-stress as possible. You have a responsibility to yourself to take whatever steps necessary to adjust your work load, due dates, or other challenges to reduce job stress.
7. Trim negative relationships from your life. Because relationships can be so paramount to your existence, it’s wise to ensure they are each as positive and supportive as possible. It can help to occasionally weed out those who stunt our emotional growth or detract from our emotional health.
Your life is a blessing. Enjoy it to its fullest by taking excellent care of yourself emotionally as well as physically. Use these ideas to experience the enriched existence you desire.
Rick Lewis is a disabled Vet with over 20 years of experience as a Sales Trainer, Coach and Mentor. He uses his life experiences and gifts to help others achieve success and wellness in their lives. Life doesn't always turn out the way we envisioned it. Heartbreak, health crisis, family turmoil, and financial troubles occur, leaving its mark on all aspects of our life. Rick is here to help you out of your rut. He will work with you to gain clarity on what it is that you want most in life and make proactive decisions that will bring about the change you’ve been hoping for. His specialties are: Self Love, Inspiration, Motivation, Self Confidence, Grief, Relationships.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.