Loving Yourself Workbook
Discover these strategies to love yourself more every day!
Having self-awareness means that you have knowledge of yourself. You understand your habits, likes, dislikes, the way you view the world, and your needs. You know what you want in life and have an understanding of your emotional responses.
Socrates’ famous quote “know thyself” is a directive to develop self-awareness.
Having self-awareness doesn’t solve your challenges in life, but it gives you an accurate starting point and allows you to develop a game plan for solutions.
Self-awareness takes time to develop, but the benefits are well worth the effort.
1. Keep a journal. This is a powerful tool for learning about yourself. Spend 15 minutes each evening recording your life. List the meaningful things that happened that day. Include your challenges and what you think caused them. Ask yourself:
2. Review your past and current relationships.
3. Meditate. Meditation gives you the opportunity to observe your thoughts without judgement. You can learn a lot about yourself by the thoughts that pop up in your mind. Meditation allows you to learn how to create space between your thoughts and your emotions.
4. View your life through the eyes of someone else. Imagine you were an invisible stranger that observed your life for a week. What would you think? What advice would you have for yourself? What does the way you spend your time say about you?
5. Think about how you deal with stress. How do you handle stress? Do you eat, drink alcohol, get sleepy, become grumpy, watch TV? How do you treat others when you’re stressed? What challenges have you caused for yourself by dealing with stress poorly?
6. Ask your friends for feedback. Ask your friends to describe you. Ask them to list your strengths and weaknesses. Plead with them to be honest.
7. List your goals, values, and priorities. What do you want to accomplish? What life do you want to live? What is important to you? If your life were perfect, what would your day look like?
Self-awareness is one of the most important things you can possess. The key to enhancing your life is grounded in self-awareness. Self-awareness is important to setting goals and creating the life you would most enjoy.
Without self-awareness, you’re doomed to repeat your mistakes for the rest of your life.
Most of us are pretty good at figuring out what makes a friend or family member tick. It’s much more challenging to develop the same understanding of yourself. You spend so much time with yourself, it would be a shame not to have a high degree of understanding of yourself.
Rick Lewis is a disabled Vet with over 20 years of experience as a Sales Trainer, Coach and Mentor. He uses his life experiences and gifts to help others achieve success and wellness in their lives. Life doesn't always turn out the way we envisioned it. Heartbreak, health crisis, family turmoil, and financial troubles occur, leaving its mark on all aspects of our life. Rick is here to help you out of your rut. He will work with you to gain clarity on what it is that you want most in life and make proactive decisions that will bring about the change you’ve been hoping for. His specialties are: Self Love, Inspiration, Motivation, Self Confidence, Grief, Relationships.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.