The Daily Authenticity Checklist
Discover these 10 questions to unlock true authenticity every day!
Extroverts might seem to rule the world, but there are plenty of introverts behind the scenes with a lot of power and influence. Some of the most powerful companies in the world were founded and are run by introverts.
But more importantly, how can you navigate the world and still stay true to your introverted nature? There’s a way you can thrive and still stay comfortable, at least most of the time.
1. Harness the power of the written word. You can reach and influence a lot of people these days, especially with the internet.
2. Choose your career wisely. You can be anything you want to be, but it will be easier if you make a career choice that accommodates your basic nature. There are many career options that fit an introvert perfectly. Find a list online and see what appeals to you and your personality.
3. Plan alone time throughout the day. Taking a break from others can recharge your batteries and your mood. See if there’s a way you can get away for a few minutes every couple of hours. You’ll feel better and be more productive.
4. Go with your strengths. This is good advice for everyone, whether they’re introverted or not. Think about your greatest strengths and how you can apply those to the world. This is a great recipe for success.
5. Pay attention to your nonverbal behavior. The scientists tell us that nonverbal communication is more important than verbal communication. Use this to your advantage.
6. Be willing to engage in small talk. Introverts often shun small talk because it seems trivial to them. Yet, the rest of the world takes part in small talk. It’s an easy, non-threatening way to fit in and connect with others. Introverts could always use another friend, even if they don’t particularly want one.
7. Stay abreast of new technology. It’s not easy to stay current with the latest technology, apps, and social media platforms. It takes time and a willingness to immerse yourself. This can be a great way to add value to any organization. Most introverts enjoy learning, and this is a great way to kill two birds with one stone.
8. Know what overstimulates you. What is it exactly that wears you out? Is it being surrounded by a large group of people? Noise? Speaking to a group? Speaking with strangers? Making decisions quickly? Each introvert is unique. Find a place in life that minimizes situations that feel overwhelming.
You don’t have to be an extrovert to thrive in the world. There’s plenty of room for every type of person. You can be yourself and still have a great life and career. You’ll have to make some smart choices to get the most out of your life, but that’s true for everyone. Wear you introvert badge proudly. You can thrive as you are.
Rick Lewis is a disabled Vet with over 20 years of experience as a Sales Trainer, Coach and Mentor. He uses his life experiences and gifts to help others achieve success and wellness in their lives. Life doesn't always turn out the way we envisioned it. Heartbreak, health crisis, family turmoil, and financial troubles occur, leaving its mark on all aspects of our life. Rick is here to help you out of your rut. He will work with you to gain clarity on what it is that you want most in life and make proactive decisions that will bring about the change you’ve been hoping for. His specialties are: Self Love, Inspiration, Motivation, Self Confidence, Grief, Relationships.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.