Loving Yourself Workbook
Discover these strategies to love yourself more every day!
Although it might sound a little trite when you're advised to "be your own best friend," the fact is that all your life, you're the only person you'll always have. If you like yourself as an individual, you're more likely to live a happy and fulfilled life.
So what does it really mean to be your own best friend? You'll do and say all the things to yourself that a best friend would. You'll support and encourage yourself to make wise choices and go after your dreams. Most of all, you'll love yourself as only a best friend could.
1. Do a personal inventory of your strengths and weaknesses. Be gentle, yet realistic, in identifying your personal qualities. Know what you're great at and what you might want to work on.
2. Accept yourself just the way you are. Learning to feel comfortable with yourself is one of the biggest hurdles to being your own best friend.
3. Follow your own internal rules for what to do and not do. Listen to what your heart, mind, soul, and gut is telling you. Refrain from doing something you don't respect.
4. Allow yourself to make mistakes. No one can realistically expect perfection. After all, you are human!
5. Be protective of yourself. Refrain from allowing others to mistreat or take advantage of you.
6. Stand up for yourself. If someone has treated you unfairly, let them know you've noticed and that you don't appreciate it. Then, tell them in an appropriate manner what you want or need from them.
7. Learn to soothe yourself when times are tough. You'll benefit greatly from knowing how to help yourself feel better when you're feeling down or sad.
8. Consider your own needs first. Although some would say this is selfish, in most instances, it makes perfect sense. After all, you'll struggle in helping others if you aren't taking care of yourself. So keep yourself in the best shape you can, emotionally and physically.
9. Know your own priorities and live your life in consideration of them. Once you establish what's important to you, you'll be able to go after whatever it is you want in life.
Vow to be your own best friend by following these strategies. Learning to treat yourself with kindness, respect and care will pay off throughout your life. Make it a life goal to be your own best friend forever.
Rick Lewis is a disabled Vet with over 20 years of experience as a Sales Trainer, Coach and Mentor. He uses his life experiences and gifts to help others achieve success and wellness in their lives. Life doesn't always turn out the way we envisioned it. Heartbreak, health crisis, family turmoil, and financial troubles occur, leaving its mark on all aspects of our life. Rick is here to help you out of your rut. He will work with you to gain clarity on what it is that you want most in life and make proactive decisions that will bring about the change you’ve been hoping for. His specialties are: Self Love, Inspiration, Motivation, Self Confidence, Grief, Relationships.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.