The Daily Authenticity Checklist
Discover these 10 questions to unlock true authenticity every day!
Are you trying to make your way through the death of a loved one? When a loved one dies, it can be devastating, and the feelings can be very powerful. It’s a very difficult process to deal with the loss of a loved one. Luckily, there are things you can do that can help you cope.
1. Allow a grieving period. Give yourself time to cry and remember your loved one. This can be as short as 15 minutes a day or longer if needed. Allowing yourself time to mourn will help you come to terms with your loss.
2. Create a memory book. Creating a memory book is another useful way to enhance the healing process. You can put pictures of your loved one, memorable papers, small items that remind you of good times together, or cards they sent you in a special photo album or scrapbook.
3. Remove large pictures of your loved one from the main living areas of the home. Having a large picture right in the living area will make it more difficult to carry on with the daily necessities. You can place the picture in a room that is separate from the main living space so that you can still look at it when you want to.
4. Visit a spiritual contact according to your faith. When you’re feeling overwhelmed with feelings of loss, a visit with your spiritual contact will be beneficial. They will allow you to feel that you’re not alone in your struggles.
5. Talk with friends. Friends are like angels that can help you to get through your loss. They listen rather than judge. Pick up the phone and call an old friend to talk or schedule a visit.
Coping with the loss of the loved one is a difficult process, but using these tips will help you to work through your grief and move forward. Let yourself heal by taking the time you need with your grief, but keep in mind that you’ll need to move on eventually.
In time, it will become easier for you to think about your loved one without experiencing the painful feelings that are so overwhelming at the time of their death.
Rick Lewis is a disabled Vet with over 20 years of experience as a Sales Trainer, Coach and Mentor. He uses his life experiences and gifts to help others achieve success and wellness in their lives. Life doesn't always turn out the way we envisioned it. Heartbreak, health crisis, family turmoil, and financial troubles occur, leaving its mark on all aspects of our life. Rick is here to help you out of your rut. He will work with you to gain clarity on what it is that you want most in life and make proactive decisions that will bring about the change you’ve been hoping for. His specialties are: Self Love, Inspiration, Motivation, Self Confidence, Grief, Relationships.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.